Is this a paid job?
- Yes, students are paid an hourly rate, and cannot get course credit for their work.
What is my job title? what can I put on my resume?
- As a Humber student, you will be hired by Humber’s Applied Research & Innovation, as a “Research Assistant”, your task will vary based on the project. Examples are: WordPress development, SEO, graphic design, business research, photography, videography, professional writing, blog and Social Media integration.
- You will be working with a small team of your Humber colleagues on one or more industry projects, reporting to the faculty lead.
Do I need to work on-campus?
- Most of the work can be done off-campus. However, students are required to attend progress meetings with the client and the team, at the Lakeshore campus 2-3 times a month. We will work on setting meeting times based on your availability and timetable. Meetings may take place during evenings or weekends.
- Some team members may need to work at the client site as needed (e.g. visiting company’s workspace, photo shoot sessions at the client’s business location…etc).
How many hours per week am I expected to work?
- Flexible hours depending on your timetable, project requirements, and availability to meet with clients.
Will I have to work on this during my exams? or during the holidays?
- No meetings will be scheduled during exam weeks or holidays.
Does this qualify as a co-curricular experience?
- Yes, and it can be added to your Co-Curricular Record (CCR)